Pages

Saturday, October 04, 2008

This is crazy!

Hi Faithful Blog Friends,

Thank you so much for your prayers over the past few months! They mean the world to me!

I've missed you, and am hoping to feel well enough to be posting again on a regular basis.

Here's a quick update....I'm seeing a new doctor, and she has finally diagnosed my ills from the past several months. I've had mono...and apparently this is what I've been fighting since May, or possibly even earlier than that.

I think the downhill spiral started this time last year when I had sinus surgery. I didn't realize what a tough surgery that is until my PCP said, "Didn't they tell you that it's one of the top 5 toughest surgeries on the body?!"

"Ugh. No, no one told me that." :(

All that to say....it's been a hard several months, but I'm starting to feel like I'm turning the corner. 

I had a vitamin IV yesterday..the 2nd in a series of 3...and I woke up this morning feeling like I could climb Mt. Rushmore. ( Would that land me in Lincoln's nostril, though? Maybe I'll pick a different mountain.)

When I came home from the IV last night, I said to Shane, "Honey..smell me! Smell my arms...or my knees...it doesn't matter...just smell me!"

He looked at me like I had lost it.

"Seriously! Smell me!"

He's such a good man...he just leaned in and sniffed away..... "OH MAN! YOU SMELL LIKE A VITAMIN!"

It was unreal....I had vitamin "juice" spilling from my pores.....it was crazy! Evidently there was something like 50,000 IU of vitamin C in the IV my doctor gave me...and that doesn't even include the B vitamins. I smelled like a Shaklee factory!

So...I digress....on to something more exciting than my scent.....

We had Brennan's birthday party today...poor thing, her birthday was August 3rd, but I've been so sick that we had to reschedule it and reschedule it! She was such a trooper!

Thanks to the party, though, we have a finally have a picture with the whole family in it. (See the updated profile picture...I really do have a husband!) 

I realize that not all of us are looking at the camera, but hey...we'll work up to that in stages. :)

Brennan's party was a big success. I cried. (I know, you're shocked!) We prayed a prayer of blessing over her, and when I was thanking God for the gift He's given us in Brennan, I got so choked up that I couldn't talk. I love this little girl so much! She is such a sweetie-pie!

How 'bout a Precept update....

Our ladies class has just begun the Precept Upon Precept (PUP) study of Kings & Prophets,      "A Divided Heart, A Divided Nation". We have a hungry group of ladies, and I'm so excited to dig in with them! 

If you want to find a class in  your area, go to www.precept.org and at the top of the page click on "classes".  If you still don't see one near you, please call Precept at 1-800-763-8280 and ask them to help you locate a class near you. They'll be happy to assist you.

I'm signing off for now...hoping to post Birthday pictures soon...

:)




7 comments:

Unknown said...

Cute photo...

Glad you are on the path to recovery

Stephanie said...

Praise the Lord you are feeling better! Maybe they sell a vitamin fragrance? ;) I'll keep praying for you, your family, and the Precepts ladies!

Deb said...

Jes,
So GREAT to see you back to your blog, I hope and pray that you will continue to regain your health and be "soaring with the eagles".

God's richest blessings on you and your family.

Take care and so looking forward to the Precept study-my first
...long distance from Alabama.
:)

In Him,
Deb

Laura said...

I told you about the vitamin smell, and you looked at me like I was a freak! Well, now you know... it's one of the oddest things I've ever experienced and you can't explain it to someone unless they've had one.

So glad you're better, I've missed my friend!

Love YOU!
Laura

post pics of Brennies partay soon!

chandy said...

I so had to laugh at the "smell me" part :)

D.L. White said...

Welcome back to the blogosphere! I'm praying you continue to feel better each and every day (vitamin-y smell and all)! Love the new pic.

Janan Kash said...

Welcome back! We love you, vitamin smell and all!

Nan