Pages

Friday, April 10, 2009

People Don't Know What To Do With Jesus

Today my sweet little Brennie and I went to the library to check out some movies for the weekend.

While we were standing at the checkout desk, I commented on the beautiful bright pink blouse that the sweet lady behind the desk was wearing. 

"I love that pink!" 

"Thank you. I thought it was nice for Easter, " she said.

"He is Risen! He is Risen indeed!" I said.

She was blank.

Had no idea what to say to me.

The nice man beside her was blank too. Usually he has a smile and a kind word for us when we see him on our visits. Most of the time he's quite the chatter-bug.

Zippo today.

Nothing.

Well, I take that back. He did have a bit of a scowl.

Coincidence?

I don't know.

Sure did sadden me though. I wondered as I left, if either of them know the Lord.

Are they believers who have just been squelched by the fact that they work at a library that is on the campus of a public school?

Or, do they know the Lord?

The best news in the world....the best news of all time....

Jesus Christ came to give His life that we might live.

He came to pay the sin debt for you and for me.

It's by His life that we are saved.

If He had not risen after being laid in the tomb, you and I would still be dead in our sins.

If He had just been crucified and buried, He would not have fulfilled prophesy. 
He could not have been Messiah.

What's the Good News of Good Friday?

He gave His life that we might have life eternal. 

And on the 3rd day, He rose again!

He is risen! He is risen indeed!

Tell someone that over the next few days, won't you?

If you've never shared that blessed good news, share it with at least one person, please.

To be loved by the Lord of  Lords is an awesome thing!

Who do you know that needs to hear how much Jesus loves them...that He gave His life that they might live?

He is risen! He is risen indeed!




No comments: