Pages

Friday, November 03, 2006

Precept Bible Studies and Kids...

What I learned from the Word today is that it ministers even to the youngest of hearts. :)

Today was our first Precept Bible Study for kids. I was amazed that we had 15+ kids come, and the vast majority of them were under the age of 6.

We are studying Genesis 1 & 2, and today we studied a few very foundational truths:

1. The Word of God is sufficient...they truly can STAND on the B-I-B-L-E.
2. The Word of God is inspired by God and has several purposes.
(2 Timothy 3:16-17)
3. In Genesis we started seeing the pattern of God saying something and then being told "it was so", or "it was good".

God said...and it was so.
God made...and it was good.

The kids were so fantastic! I loved the contrast between leading children in a Precept Study and in leading adults. The kids are so free...so excited. They don't stop to contemplate whether or not what they're going to say is going to be wrong...they just jump right in with both feet and start "reasoning out the Scriptures".

I LOVE IT!

They had such fun yelling out the key words from Scripture as I made the symbols on the words, as they were on the overhead projection screen.

At one point, we divided into teams, and one team was to yell it out anytime they heard "God said" or "God made" and the other team was to yell out anytime they heard "and it was so" or "and it was good".

Then, we broke 2 Timothy 3:16-17 into individual words and each child got a word ( or two ), and we worked together to put the verse back into order correctly. Without even knowing it, they were saying the verse over and over again, with the hope being that it will cement in their little minds.

I'm so excited about this class...and about seeing so many moms eager to have their children participate.

If you'd like to join us, just e-mail me and I'll give you the details for our meeting time and place.

On a side note...I'm auditioning for a Christian Film tomorrow! I'm so excited! This is a dream come true...just to get to audition is going to be amazing!

To God be the Glory!
Jesica

No comments: