Pages

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Increasingly, Abundantly More Than You Could Ever Ask or Imagine

I am in amazement today. Totally and completely humbled by God.
Truly in awe!

Today was the 1st day the Kids Precept Bible Study was opened to
non-homeschooled children. I expected to have a FEW more children join our study..but was BLOWN AWAY that we had 41 children come!

Only God could do that!

Last night, in our ladies study, we were looking into the life of Abram, at the time that God told him that He would establish His covenant between the two of them.

Abram had hoped for a child. Sarai had hoped for a child. They had prayed. They had waited. They had taken things into their own hands and failed to trust God at His word. They had produced a child through Sarai's handmaid that God said He would not establish His covenant with.

Still, the LORD was faithful, and chose to bless them.

Here are God's words to Abram:

Genesis 17:2-9
"I am God Almighty;
Walk before me and be blameless.
And I will establish My covenenat between Me and you,
And I will multiply you exceedingly."
And Abram fell on his face, and God talked with him, saying,
"As for Me, behold, My covenant is with you,
And you shall be the father of a multitude of nations.
No longer shall your name be called Abram,
But your name shall be Abraham;
For I will make you the father of a multitude of nations.
And I will make you exceedingly fruitful, and I will make nations
of you, and kings shall come forth from you.
And I will establish My covenant between Me and you and your
descendants after you throughout their generations for an everlasting
covenant, to be God to you and to your descendants after you.
And I will give to you and to your descendants after you, the land of your sojournings, all the land of Canaan, for an everlasting possession; and I will be their God."

OH MY GOODNESS! Look at all of the promises that God made to Abram!

Abram wanted a child. An heir. A son.
God told him he'd be the father of nations..of kings...that he'd be exceedingly fruitful!
It's just like we're told in the New Testament. And no doubt why..if God holds all in His hands, then why are we surprised when His plans end up more fruitful than we could have ever thought to ask of Him?
Ephesians 3:20-21
Now unto Him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us,
untoHim [be] the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus unto all generations for ever and ever. Amen.

Makes me ask...what do we need in our lives? What's lacking in our walk with God?
Who do we so deeply wish would come to know the LORD?
Let's pray according to Who God is, instead of according to what we can imagine or think...clearly our dreams can't catch up with the greatness of our God! :)
Ask. Trust. Obey. Seek. Pray. Repeat.
What an awesome day this is!
I love those kiddos!
Have a super day,
Jesica


2 comments:

astraughnomer said...

ahh...this is one of my all-time-most-favorite-ever verses. well...i have several of those, but this is definitely one of them. :)

i have a notecard in my Bible that is filled up with scriptures i've come across about the promises of God...there are so many!! how wonderful!

thanks for the post!

Shawn White said...

Yep - one of my favorite verses as well. I love that Acappella did a song based on that Ephesians verse - helps me to remember it.

Shawn