Pages

Wednesday, June 09, 2010

WHOO-HOO and a Quick Update

1. OUR FAMILY GETS TO GO TO BOSTON IN A FEW MONTHS! Whoo-hoo!

2. Our move to Chattanooga has helped my health improve by 80% or more. The past 3 days have shown some crippling of my hand and foot, which is terribly painful, but compared to how I'd be feeling in Phoenix right now, it's a marked difference.

3. God has placed the most precious new friend into my life. She is such an inspiration to me as I watch how lovingly and Biblically she mothers her children. She has such a tender heart, and is so very desperate for Jesus. What more could one ask for in a friend? I love her!

4. Our new church is such an answer to prayer. As you all know, I loved my church in AZ. I love the people there, the teaching, the worship, the youth, the pastor and his wife...the list goes on and on.

What's exciting is that so many of those same elements are here for us at our new church, just on a larger scale.

We have a new pastor, and I am so deeply in love with he and his wife's heart for the body, and for the lost in our community. There is scarcely a Sunday that he preaches, that he doesn't passionately remind the body of our responsibility to single mothers.

I LOVE THAT!

5. I'm happy here. We all are. The kids spend at least an hour a day just in awe of all of the bugs they have to choose from as play mates. I look out any window of my home and see GREEN. It's so pretty!

I get to see my Janan and Ed. Oh, how I love them! I could just bask in my time with Nanner!

6. I do miss my precious, amazing, breathtakingly gracious friends in AZ. Oh, how I miss them. Some days, the tears still come when I think about you all...and Brennan is known to have a good cry at least once a week, too.

Yet, we know that we are right where God has us.

If you would pray for these requests, I'd be so grateful:

1. God's hand of favor over the new Chattanooga office. That He would fling wide open the doors through which work will pour in.

2. For my health, my friend Anna's and my Facebook friend, Michelle's. We all have MS and are all battling right now.

3. For a Bible study on Forgiveness that I'm currently leading with 2 amazing young women in their very early 20s. These are amazing girls that I feel so blessed to be with, and I just want our time in God's Word to change all of us for His glory.

4. That I would know, that Shane would guide me, as to where my place of ministry within our new church is to be. And, am I to offer to lead a children's Bible Study at our local homeschool co-op?

5. For God to send some precious soul who loves to work with wallpaper, to come and rip all of this baby blue floweredie stuff OFF of my walls. (OK, I'm only joking about this one!)

Love ya'll tonight,
Jes

1 comment:

sharon brobst said...

Jesica I am so glad to hear that you are feeling better physically with your move. Praise God!

So thrilled with how everything else seems to be working out also - God is SO good....

I'll be praying...