Pages

Tuesday, October 02, 2007

A friend loveth...

There are so many verses in the Bible about friends.

Today I was reminded of one of the sweetest..."A friend loveth at all times".

Tonight was really special for me. I had the privilege of going to dinner with several of my most favorite people in the world!

As I sat looking at each of their sweet faces, I was humbled as the Lord reminded me of the gift that these precious women are in my life. Such true, cherished, awesome friends! Each a precious token of love from God, and people that I hold so dear to my heart.

And, as I looked at a new face at the table, and heard her words of hunger for God's Word...and her excitement over having been given the gift of inductive Bible study, I was just sure that at any minute, I would burst into tears of joy.

For even in these past dark months that I've been going through, God honored the cry of my heart, through another of His servants, and the ladies Bible study kept on without me. Another took the torch and carried it faithfully, and I was free to snuggle deep into my Father's arms of love, in order that He might renew me, restore me, love on me, heal my heart....

But what a rich and amazing gift it was tonight, to hear the joy of this new friend as she expressed the thrill of all she'd been learning...to see the JOY of her salvation...and to know that God will always accomplish His plans...and that we can rest in knowing that we are but His servants...that He is, and always will be, the One in supreme control....

Tonight was like healing balm for me...oh, how I love these ladies...each so hungry for God's Word...each so hungry for God.

Sweeter friendships, I've never known.

How can I ever express how much you mean to me? Tonight was like a homecoming for me. I've missed you all so much! Thank you for your faithful prayers. Thank you for your love.

I am blessed, and I love you each so much!
Jes

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

There is something so special about the bond of friendship. Your post reminded me of the "going away" dinner right before we moved. What a beautiful memory! Yay for the gift of friendship! :) xoxo

Laura said...

It was wonderful to see you last night. After all that has happened and being without you for three months, last night was like we had never been apart. That kind of heart-tie can only be from God and will be an eternal blessing for those who find it.

Friendship within the body of the Lord is like the covenant He has with us. The common goal to strive for Christ-likeness will always keep us close together, even when we're apart.

I love you and I'll keep speaking your name to the Father every chance I get.

D.L. White said...

Right back at ya, Jes! It was such a good night of fellowship. Even though I've missed seeing you on Monday nights, please know you've always been close in prayer. When we read 1 Thess 3:6-13 during the study, I so appreciated Paul's heart for his brothers and sisters in Thessalonica, and it made me think of my own dear Christian friends and what an encouragement they are to me too. :)

Jes said...

Thanks you all. All 3 of you are precious friends, and I thank God for you!

Thank you also for all of your prayers for me...I cherish them, and you!

XOXO,
Jes