Pages

Saturday, February 14, 2009

Precept and Men - An Interview with David Arthur of Precept Ministries

David Arthur, son of Kay and Jack Arthur was interviewed recently by the Chattanooga Times Free Press. Much of the focus of the article is on his heart for seeing men get into the Word of God for themselves.

This is my favorite quote... "I know the Bible is for men, I know it’s for teenagers. ... One of my callings is to men. If we’re going to lead, we’ve got to have the truth, and if we’re going to delegate that to our wives, we’re going to continue to see the trouble we’ve got. That’s one of my passions — to get men into the word themselves."

Amen and amen...women are starving for our husbands to fall in love with God's Word, and to order our home lives according to what they learn from their time spent with Him.

For the past 5 years I've been leading women in inductive Bible study, and I've lost count of the number of them who have said that they just want their husbands to be the spiritual leaders in their homes...they are begging for it!

I tell my husband that he's irresistible when he's spent time with the Lord on his own. There is simply nothing more attractive to me. :)  (I love you, sweetheart!)

OK...back to David's interview...it will only take you a few minutes to read.

Click here to see it.

No comments: