Pages

Friday, August 21, 2009

Seeking Guest Bloggers

Hi Sweet Friends,

A few months ago, I wrote about wanting to interview some of you for my blog. The purpose of the blog is to introduce people to how to study God's Word for themselves, and to share my life and how I'm learning to apply what I see from His Word, in my every day walk.

I haven't blogged in a while, as I'm walking through this recent diagnosis of MS, and daily shots, and a family who is hurting, and...and....and....

My friends keep encouraging me to blog through all of this, but truthfully, I just so don't want the blog to be about me.....I mean really, who needs that much of me?!

So...I'm asking you all....I'd so love to hear your stories of how inductive study is changing your life, and the lives of those whom God has you leading.

And I have no doubt that others would love to hear them too....

Several of you responded that you'd be open to being interviewed, but at this point, I can't even process doing that....so instead, I'm asking if you'd just write in my stead...as guest bloggers.

There are people from all over the world who read my blog....still dumbfounding to me....but when I see the stat info on how they got to it, it's most often because they Googled Precept or Kay or David Arthur...or because they Googled a certain passage of Scripture.

So, just write about what you're learning from the Word.

The months that I'm actively writing, it averages 500 hits a month.

So...God in His sovereignty is using this blog to His glory.

That's why I don't want to use it to continue to write about MS. I just want to walk through this valley (and it is a valley right now...the shots take 3-9 months to begin working).......I need to have some space to walk through this time, loving my family, homeschooling my kiddos, and leading the one upcoming Precept class which God has called me to... "Sweeter Than Chocolate," which will begin Thursday, October 1st at my church.

Yes....childcare will be available this time...thank you, Lord! :)

Back to topic...I see this guest blogger idea as a HUGE opportunity to allow this blog to be so much bigger than me.

I want it to be about Him..for Him, through Him, to Him...

Would you help me?

Of course, I want to have editing rights, but if there's a need for that, we'll talk about it one on one.

If you would like to share your story, or stories, of how learning to study God's Word for yourself has changed your life, would you please write them into Word and then email them to me at PreceptBibleStudy@gmail.com?

If you've gone from Precept student to leader....please write about that, too. People NEED to hear that God can use them to lead others...they need to hear about our failures as leaders as well as about our successes.

They need to hear that God can use them, and will if only they'll heed His call.

Will you help me tell them?

Pretty please, with sugar on top...and a cherry? ;)

I'll pray over each one, and will put them into a file on my computer and will post specific ones as the Lord leads.

I'd beg you to pray over your keyboard before you begin to write. I do this each time I do.

Thank you for considering my request.

You all are iron in my life, and I thank God for you!

Jes

No comments: