Pages

Monday, January 25, 2010

Why We Haven't Talked Much Lately....

I haven't been able to talk with you much lately, because I've been:


1. fighting some MS stuff


2. stressed out about moving (duh, remembered today that I am to walk by faith....so, I'm back at that)


3. homeschooling - love it! We're learning about Creation vs. Darwinism; Harriet Tubman - who by the way, Darwin would have not credited as having any value whatsoever - did you know he had his own black slave?! All part of his skewed survival of the fittest theory.)


4. sharing my faith with 3 precious Jehovah's Witnesses that keep coming to my door...we're having quite the Bible study out there on the front porch...please pray that I may show them the truth of Who Jesus is...they believe that He was an angel created by God, and that He is actually Michael the archangel - they also believe that they have to work to earn their salvation, yet they won't tell me this...


Each week finds a new person at my door...they leave the person from the week prior, who was "newer" in the religion, and they bring a more "mature" member. It's quite deceptive, in my honest opinion...to tell me that they'll see me next week, when they full well know that one of them won't be returning. 


There's a lot of deception with them, actually. It's quite sad, because I truly believe that these are sweet women who just want to please God. They've too have been deceived, by the false teachers in authority over them. 


Please pray that God's Word will prevail, and that His Spirit will minister to these sweet ladies (whomever they turn out to be this week) and that they'll coming to salvation in Christ Jesus, and be set free from this false religion. 


I mean this....please, please pray for them and for me....pray me up, friends! 


5. cooking ....and I love you so much that I'm sharing my recipes with you! I forgot how much I love to cook...to create in my kitchen! Oh, I hope my new house has a cook's kitchen!


Love ya'll today!
Enjoy!







Jes’ Homemade Pot Roast

1 beef tip roast, approx 3 pounds
1 onion, peeled and cut into 1/8ths
3 or more cloves of fresh garlic, peeled
Better Than Beef Boullion
2-3 carrots, peeled and sliced
Fresh rosemary
Fresh thyme
A few teaspoons of water


Directions:
Place 1 tablespoon of Better Than Beef Boullion in the bottom of the crockpot. Add water and mix the two together. Add enough water to coat the bottom of the crockpot, so that there will be liquid enough to well coat the vegetables you’ll put in next, but not so much as to cover them with liquid. (You want the veggies’ natural flavors and the flavor of the meat to create most of the liquid.)


 Place the onion pieces and the cloves of garlic, along with the carrots into the bottom of the crockpot and cover the bottom.


Put some rosemary and thyme on top of the vegetables.


Place the roast on top of the vegetables.


Coat the top of the roast with about a teaspoon of Better Than Boullion, and add a little water to it, so it makes a smooth paste to easily cover the top of the roast.


Cook on high for 12 hours, if cooking the roast from frozen.


If cooking it from fresh, I’d guess 6 hours on high, or 10 hours on low…but I haven’t tested this theory.

Additions: Yummy Mashed Potatoes; Easy Steamed Asparagus…



Yummy Mashed Potatoes
10 Idaho potatoes – not russets
Sour Cream
Butter
Coarse Ground Sea Salt
Coarse Ground Pepper
Milk      
                     
These are not designed to enhance your figure, so you gotta get past that!
Once past it, enjoy! (Or just take some of the mashed potatoes and rub them on your tush....there, the damage has been done, now you can eat with abandon!)

Peel potatoes, dice into small pieces and then soak in a cold water bath.


Fill a soup pan with water and bring to a boil.


Put potato pieces into boiling water, and let ‘em alone….let them boil until they’re super soft!


Drain the potatoes and transfer to the mixing bowl of your Kitchen Aide mixer. 


Put the wire whipping attachment on, not the paddle…but the one used to whip egg whites.


Pour some milk on top of the potatoes….maybe ¼ c or so.


Start the machine and as the potatoes start getting blended, turn the power up to high.


Stop the machine and add ½ stick of butter, cut into thinner pieces, into the heart of the mound.


Add about 4 tablespoons full of sour cream on top too.


Grind the sea salt into the mix, to taste.


Grind the pepper the same way.


Mix on high.


Transfer bowl, covered with foil, to the oven beside the Sister Schubert’s Dinner Rolls that you’re about to put in to cook for 10 minutes. This will keep the potatoes warm while the rolls are cooking and you get your asparagus steaming.


Then all will be ready for the dinner plates at the same time….hot and yummy! J


Renditions:  
1. Use Tex Joy Seasoning instead of salt & pepper….delicious!
 2. Add grated sharp cheddar cheese to the mixing bowl….and some garlic. Ahh!                            3. When boiling the potatoes, add fresh rosemary, then blend it in when whipping. Ooh!
4. When boiling the potatoes, add a few bay leaves for taste, remove before whipping. Mmmmm!




 Super Easy Steamed Asparagus

The key to delicious asparagus is that you get the baby ones. They are so light and wonderful, you could even pick them up with your fingers and eat them like French fries…but you wouldn’t do that, as it’s bad manners….unless you’re at the Womack’s house….then we’d simply forbid you to eat them any other way. J

Ingredients:
Baby Asparagus

Use my triple pot…the one that has the shallow steamer insert.

In fact, I think this must be some kind of spaghetti pot, as it has those two baskets…anyway, it’s cool and I dig it, and think everyone should have one.

Fill the pot to about ¾ full of water.

Cut the woody ends off of the asparagus.

Lay the shallow steamer basket into the pot.

Lay the asparagus into the steamer basket, lay them out like little sleeping soldiers.
Steam for approx. 10 minutes…the length of time it will take to cook the Sister Schubert’s Rolls that you now have cooking in the oven…that is, if you’re making the asparagus to go along with my Pot Roast Recipe.

Add asparagus to plate. Once seated, pick them up and eat them like the healthy little soldiers they are.

Thank God for yummy food like asparagus.

J Life is good.

I love you, Laura. Only a true friend like you would tell me about the Sister's Rolls!













4 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you like Asparagus, you MUST try it grilled! Drizzle them with Olive Oil & season with salt & pepper & put on the grill for 5-10 minutes.. SO good!

Laura said...

Hi sweet friend... oh how I love you. :)

About the JW, I find they don't come to my house much anymore as it seems if I quote John 1 and tell them it's specifically about Jesus, they don't want to share their message with me. I find this odd, if they have "the Truth", why wouldn't they want to correct my errant ways... I continue to pray for them and the Mormons who come more frequently.

And about Sister Schubert's rolls, I have not been able to find them at Walmart since many days before Christmas. I am not happy about that as it means I will have to frequent another supermarket in town thus breaking my grocery budget but such is the sacrifice for the perfect freezer roll.

I must see you soon, I fear your time here in AZ will run out before I get the chance... call me. :)

Anonymous said...

I thought I'd been keeping up with you, but I missed that you were moving. Where to? When? Why? Can you tell I'm a Precept student?

Shelly said...

Hi Jes, just wanted you to know I am praying for those women. I love it, they just didn't know what they were getting themselves into showing up at your house. Oh, to be a fly buzzing around!! :)
Seriously, I am asking God to remove the veil from their hearts and mind in order to see Jesus for who He is. I rejoice that you are willing and biblically literate to tell them the truth!!!! I wish there were more Jessicas who could do the same. May we learn from your example! "Be diligent to present yourselves approved unto God as a workman who does not need to be ashamed accurately handling the word of truth." 2 Tim. 2:15
You are loved, and keep us posted!!!