Pages

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Precept Leader Day in Bothel, WA - Sign Up Now

***UPDATE on Bothel, WA Leader Day, as of 8/14/08***




Please see this note that just arrived from Precept, regarding the upcoming Bothel leader day. Please keep the Goetz, Arthur and Summar (Leslie's parents and siblings and their families)families in your prayers.
On a side note, if you've never heard David Arthur teach, you are in for a huge treat. I have learned so much about being an effective leader by watching
(and re-watching and re-watching) him lead a discussion group on Matthew.
Your time in Bothel will be well spent, leaders.
Please read Precept's announcement below:



Precept Leader Day—Washington
Canyon Hills Community Church
22027 17th Ave SE, Bothell, WA.
Saturday, August 23, 2008


Precept Leader,

We are pleased that you have chosen to invest a day to be in the Word with us on Saturday, August 23. Kay Arthur is unable to come to Bothell for the Washington Leader Day due to the unexpected death of Kay’s daughter-in-love, Mark Goetz’s wife. (Mark is Kay’s son and Precept’s former COO.) In her place, Kay’s son David Arthur will be our guest teacher for Friday evening and for the Leader Day on Saturday. David is the Vice President of Teaching and Training at Precept Ministries and a pastor.


A Personal Note From Kay Arthur...


Dear Ones,


I know if we have been studying together you know my heart, you know you are loved – and in a sense who I have given my life to. I also know that you can share my shock, my sorrow…and the burden of my heart for my son, family but especially for our adopted 11 year old granddaughter and a son who dearly loved his wife.


What can you give me at a time like this? How can you express the love in your heart? The greatest gift you could give me is to come to this Leader Day and determine that you are going to reach everyone you can and help them discover truth for themselves so that they might know God as I know Him right now. I can honestly tell you that it is my knowledge of Him – His sovereignty, His character, His Word – and that it is pure Truth – that is carrying me through waters I never ever dreamed I would cross – including this, but not only this. Please do not miss the Leader’s Day. Give me the gift of you to comfort me in my time of testing….1 Thes. 3:8…forgive this hurried note written late at night. I am not going to edit it, polish it…it is very late and I have had some busy days. Just know you are loved…and I covet your partnership for what I believe is the greatest ministry any one can have – teaching people how to discover Truth for themselves so they can say, “I have not turned aside from Your ordinances, For You Yourself have taught me” (Psalm 119:102).


In much love,



If you have any questions, please contact Rosemary Walch (423-296-8707), Jeanne Gibbs (423-296-8765), or Stan Latham (423-296-8694).




Hi Everyone,

Sorry my blogs have been so sporadic. We've been sicker than dogs around here!

A friend of mine who lives in Washington asked me to post about the upcoming
"Precept Ministries Leader Day" in Bothel, WA.

To attend the Leader Day, you must be a trained Precept leader.

Here are the details:

Date: Saturday, August 23rd
Cost: $40 before August 15th, includes conference and a boxed lunch and snack
To register please contact: Rosemary Walch - rwalch@precept.org or 423-296-8707


IN ADDITION:
Kay Arthur will speak at Canyon Hills Community Church in Bothel,WA Friday night, August 22nd, from 7:30-9:00pm.
"America at the Crossroads" will be her topic.
This event is free and will be open to the public.
For more information on Friday night's topic, please go to http://www.precept.org/ and click on "America at the Crossroads".

No comments: