Pages

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

My Birthday is actually Jan. 30th, but it posted on the 29th...

Today is my Birthday! Yippie!

In truth, I love celebrating June 11th better...that's my New Life Birthday! And, for that one, I'm much younger, and have way more to celebrate! :)

I just received the funniest Birthday card from a friend. It was priceless. I wish I could figure out how to share it with you here...you'd love it! I love funny birthday cards..bet you wouldn't have guessed that about me, but I do.

The only exception is from Shane. I don't like them from him...from him I want them dripping with love and appreciation. (Those aren't too high of demands, do you think?!) :)

My children keep asking me what I want for my birthday. I suppose it's the getting older and wiser part of me that told them, "I really don't want anything, but a cake." So, we got one today at Costco.

I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE butter cream icing! I really could do without the cake part alltogether. Just give me about 10 mulitcolored icing roses, and I'm good to GO! I have this dream of one day getting a birthday cake that is made completely out of buttercream icing...no cake at all. :) Yummy! Makes my mouth water just thinking about it!

I love that feeling that comes over me when the sugar HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITS! OOOOOOOOHIEEEEEEEE! That's worth waiting all year for my birthday to roll around again!

Sugar Highs! ;)

Seriously, though. I've lost just under 20 pounds..have about 1. something to go to hit the 20 mark, and I'm not messing it up with this cake. I've had one piece, and I'll have one tomorrow, but then I'm done. I've already cut it up a bunch and packaged some for Shane to take to work tomorrow, and some I took to my neighbors.

That's a HUGE shift in thinking for me. Usually, I'd dine on my birthday cake for a week!

But, I see now that God really has been faithful to help me get this area of my life under His control. I prayed and prayed for His help, and He has answered.

I'm not going to turn my birthday into an opportunity for gluttony. No way, no sirrie!

Today I was looking for something to wear, and put on a pair of jeans that I haven't been able to even get over my belly for some time, and lo and behold, they were TOO BIG! I mean, WAY TOO BIG! It's like I just skipped right past that pair of jeans in my weight loss journey.

I had to put them in the Goodwill pile. Dig that!

Yippie!

I can't wait to go out with my precious friends this weekend..they're taking me out to celebrate my birthday with me.

Who wouldda thunk that a girl who just 10 years ago spent the majority of her time stepping on people to get what SHE wanted, would today be a woman as blessed as I am with friends like these?

God truly does turn ashes into beauty for His Glory.

Thank you, Lord. I love you!

Me

6 comments:

Shawn White said...

Happy birthday!

Shawn

D.L. White said...

Happy birthday Jes! Congrats on the weight loss too!

I didn't know that about you and buttercream icing...I will have to make you a cake sometime...

I don't know if my card made it to you in time, but it's a mushy one. My brother always gets funny birthday cards for me - and they are always hilarious and totally appropriate. I don't know where he finds them...but it wouldn't be a birthday or holiday without a funny card from my bro.

Woman in the Tent said...

Happy Birthday, Jes!

P.S. Thanks for sharing you heart on Judgmental Humility. I'm so sorry for the lies you were told and for the hurt that caused. I'm sorry, too, that I might have, at one time, been one of those people.

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday! xoxo

Jes said...

Thanks you guys!

Thank you for the card, Davina. I love it and will cherish it forever!

Thank you Laura...you're so precious!

Guess what's really funny? Shane read my blog yesterday, and then had to run out to the store to get me a new birthday card! He had gotten me a funny one!

Isn't that hilarious?!

Love ya'll!
Jes

astraughnomer said...

I'm a couple of days late but wanted to wish you a happy birthday too. :) good for you for resisting eating all that cake...that's tough. :)

have a great weekend!!