Pages

Monday, November 30, 2009

Here I Sit......

In the middle of a downpour.


At the farmhouse table in the middle of the kitchen which belongs to the woman who is my Mom, and she is not here with me, to hear the rain go plop-plop-plop atop her tin roof. To sip hot cider with me and listen to my children snore.


I'm so bummed! I'm missing her big time!


Here I sit.


All my family deeply in dreamland, and me very ready to go there as well....


Just wishing I could describe to you how exciting it is to be in the middle of this storm!


And after hearing the coyotes cry and fight and cry some more, two nights in a row, I am exceedingly thankful that I cannot say with the famous actress whose name escapes me, 


"The dingo ate my baby!"


If you say that with an Australian accent, having seen the movie, it's quite funny.


I'm hoping you have seen it...otherwise, I'm going to look like an oaf.


OH well, been there before.


Love you all tonight....I'm going to get the best sleep of my life!


A farmhouse in the middle of 40 acres, under a tin roof on a stormy night....nothing better!


Jes

2 comments:

Janan Kash said...

I am so excited you got to hear the coyotes! Your post makes me want to be there with you. Let's do that sometime - me and you.

Love,
Nanners

Unknown said...

Hoping you got a great night's rest! Love hearing the rain on a tin roof.