Pages

Saturday, April 28, 2007

What Brings Me Joy...

The Joy of The Lord is my Strength!

Habakkuk 3:18 Yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will joy in the God of my salvation.

I love the above picture. It was taken about 3 years ago, when the children had their first trip to the beach.

I found it today, and when I looked at it I realized that everything I see in that picture is something that I love passionately, and something that God created to bring me joy.

The beach.
The ocean.
The BIG blue exspanse of sky.
The white clouds in the air.
One lone bird flying with his wings outstretched...oh, to be able to fly!

And, my precious little children...what a gift they are!

Seeing this picture, with Brennan tagging along behind Caedmon tells such a story for me. He really is her hero. The two of them love each other so much..they play for HOURS together every day.

Caedmon considers himself to be her soldier. He protects her, he treats her like a lady.

Brennan loves learning from Caedmon. Right now he is teaching her how to read, as he learns..he shares with her.

Sometimes life gets hard. This week has been especially tough. Learning that our friends' daughter is so sick...it has just about broken our hearts.

But then, I find a picture like this, that reminds me of all that is precious in my life...and once again, I am reminded that the JOY of the LORD is my strength.

Hope you will be encouraged today rejoice in the Lord, and that you will joy in the God of your Salvation.

In Him,
Jesica

No comments: