Pages

Saturday, April 14, 2007

What I learned from My Friend Today....

I encourage you to read the note below. It is from a precious friend of mine who has cancer for the 2nd time. Last time it was lymphoma, this time it's breast cancer.

She just "gets it". She realizes that sometimes, to accomplish His greater plans, God allows painful things to happen to us. Maybe it's cancer, like she has...maybe it's the loss of those you love, like we've been through....maybe it's any number of things.

The main point remains the same...to glorify God no matter what. To walk in obedience to Him no matter how hard. To know that He loves you more than you can ever imagine, and that He will not allow ONE SINGLE THING into your life that He can't be glorified through.
NOT ONE!

I had someone tell me recently that if I just had enough faith, God would heal my children. That they wouldn't keep getting so sick if only I "named it and claimed it".

This is such false teaching! So very false, and so damaging to those who don't know the character of God well enough yet to know that it's false!

My friend "gets it". I hope after you read her note, you do too.

Reading her note makes me wonder if all of those other cancer patients and nurses and doctors have any idea how many people are praying for them....for their spiritual healing, and their eternal security more than anything!

It also makes me wonder if anyone would have been praying for them, had not God allowed my friend another bout with cancer. Maybe God needed a soldier at the Cancer Center?

Obviously so.

In love,
Jes

Dear Friends - A quick update: Very thankful for chemo this week! That completes #6- HALFWAY DONE!
My infection appears to finally be on the mend- and Valley Fever testing came back negative- Yeah!
It has long been confirmed in my heart that Jesus loves me no matter my circumstances- the more challenges I've faced and the more deeply I have experienced His love and provision, the stronger this conviction becomes.
My Bible Study reading this week was a refreshing reflection of what I know to be true: "We naturally think if God answers a prayer or grants a miraculous healing, it is because He loves us. If we pray and the answer is no, we question God's love. But beloved, healing or answered prayer has absolutely nothing to do with whether he loves you. It has to do with God's purposes and plans for your life.When circumstances tempt you to question God's love, learn to look in the right place.
John 13:1 tells us: "It was just before the Passover Feast. Jesus knew that the time had come for him to leave this world and go to the Father. Having loved his own who were in the world, He now showed them the extent of His love." ~Living Free, Beth Moore
What a great Easter reminder: His "cup" did not pass- so that we can all drink deeply of forgiveness!
God's love is constant, and our prayers bring us into deeper intimacy with Him... bless you for remembering our family and other cancer patients I have met these past 6 weeks: Vera Carol Mike June Wendy Norm and nurses: Martha, Barbara, Chris, Amber, Sam, Lydia, Tammy... and of course Dr. Kass.
I believe what goes on at the Cancer Center are "holy ground" experiences...I feel most privileged to be treated there with such loving care. Grateful for you, dear ones! Love, K




Christian Women Online

Blog Ring


Join
List
Random


3 comments:

Elizabeth C. said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. As a cancer survivor myself, I can relate to what she is going through. What a blessing that she knows the Lord and has His peace. I pray that she will have healing as well.

You are absolutely right. God loves us no matter the circumstances and will not allow anything into our life that He cannot be glorified through! I know your friend's faith and her prayers are a blessing to those suffering through cancer along side her and she's obviously been a blessing to you too.

Your friend and her fellow patients will be in my prayers. Thanks for sharing her story.

Jes said...

Hi Elizabeth,
Thank you for your kind words for my friend, and even more so, for your prayers.

I'm sorry that you had to endure that kind of pain, also. I cannot begin to imagine how hard it has to be.

Thank you again for praying for her. I hope the two of you get to meet one day..she is precious, and everyone who knows her loves her!

Oops...kids yelling from the shower...gotta run!

Jes

D.L. White said...

Some of the most powerful lessons I ever learned about God happened as I sat next to my dad in a hospital room, in a cancer treatment center, and in a hospice ward. Not only did I learn alot about God, but I witnessed the most amazing example of faithfulness in my dad, who never once complained and always trusted God.