Pages

Friday, December 26, 2008

Celebrating Hanukkah


We are celebrating Hanukkah in our home again this year, and I thought I'd share a picture from the first night with you.

I love the story of Hanukkah because in it, I see God's faithfulness to His people. I see His love for Israel, and how He moved on her behalf through a small band of people, for His Name's sake.

I love that God still works miracles today, just as He did for His people Israel during the time of the Maccabees. 

I love the whole story of Hanukkah, and I want my children to know the miracle of Hanukkah. It's important to me that they understand what God did for His people...and how very much He loves Israel to this day.

What I love about it the most about the Festival of Lights is how much of the celebration of Hanukkah points to Messiah Yeshua...to Jesus Christ, the Light of the World..and how the lighting of the candles is a picture of what happens when we as believers allow His light to shine in our lives...how darkness flees when the lights shine brightly.

Matthew 5:16 Let your light shine before men in such a way that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in heaven.

Psalm 43:3
O send out Your light and Your truth, let them lead me; 
Let them bring me to Your holy hill and to Your dwelling places.

It's Christmas night here, so I'm not going to make this any lengthier. I just couldn't resist sharing this precious picture with you!

Christ the Lord has come, and He is risen indeed!

Praise God for sending the promised Messiah!

Merry Christmas. 
Happy Hanukkah.








No comments: