Pages

Saturday, December 13, 2008

Urgent Prayer Request

Dear Friends,

I write to you tonight begging you to go before Throne of Grace for one of our soldiers, Coleman Hinkefent from Tulsa, OK.

He was serving in Iraq and became very ill. He is now fighting for his life in a German hospital, having been diagnosed with acute leukemia.

Coleman and his family were friends of ours when we lived in Tulsa. His mother is such a faithful student and teacher of God's Word...she is always thinking about the lost, and focused on equipping the saints.

Her name is Belinda and her husband is Eric.

You know how there are people in this world who minister to you by their example? Belinda was that person for me when I lived in Tulsa. Without even knowing it, she was discipling me through her own life. They are just wonderful people...she led a whole kids program through "Wrong Way Jonah" and directed it as a play. 

They have set up a blog with updates on Coleman. It is rootingforcoleman.blogspot.com

Would you please pray for him? He is having hallucinations due to his liver being so toxic right now, and although his parents are now in Germany with him, the hospital is only giving them an hour a day with him....his parents can hear him screaming from his room in ICU, but can't go in to hold him or help him.

I've no doubt that this precious family will glorify God no matter what happens, but my mother's heart feels like it's breaking for my friend.

Thank you for your prayers..


4 comments:

Sandra said...

Jesica, I saw your post on the AS message board and wanted you to know I stopped and am praying for Coleman. I pray our God will work quickly to pull Coleman through this initial stage and get him strong enough to endure what is to come with the the leukemia.

My heart has been where this family is...my fiance lost his very long battle with leukemia in '01 so my heart goes out to them especially during the shock of initial diagnosis and circumstances...

Deb said...

I will certainly pray.
In His Name,
Deb

Jes said...

Thank you Sandra and Deb. The family is so encouraged and comforted by all of the prayers being sent up for Coleman, and for them.

Thank you so much!

Anonymous said...

AM PRAYING FOR COLEMAN AND HIS FAMILY! SO HOPING HE WILL WIN THIS BATTLE AND GIVE GOD THE GLORY
FOR IT ALL!! MARLENE