Pages

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

For Coleman, from Caedmon - age 8


My sweet little boy just brought this to me, and then crawled up into my lap and cried his heart out for Coleman. He has such a tender heart. He just kept crying and asking, 
"Why, God? Why?"

Aren't those the sentiments of our own hearts so often? 

What a treasure it is, though, when God finally brings us to the point of being able to say..
"OK, God. OK. You're sovereign. We trust in You."

As I held Caedmon's long, lanky body in my arms, I thought about you, Belinda, holding Coleman. 

Through my tears, I am thanking God that He worked everything out so quickly for you to be able to be with your son...to be by his side and whisper your love to him like only a Momma can. To tell him how much you love being his mom, and what a joy he is to you. And, I know without question  that you are reading the Word of God to him and praying many prayers over him.

What a blessing you are to your family as well as to the family of God!

I can't help but wonder how many nurses and doctors are witnessing the Scripture come alive through you and Eric, right before their eyes. How amazing God has you is in the very land where men tried in vain to try to make people believe there is no God of Israel!

He never ceases to amaze us, does He?

Shine, sweet friend. Shine. Shine for Him as He shines through you!

You know, Belinda...last night as I sat staring at my Christmas tree, just thinking about you, the thought hit me... You've left nothing on the table when it comes to your children. You've always been such an awesome mom. You've let your light shine before the rest of us, and you've used your life to teach us by example what is most important to God, that a wife and mother makes her family and her home her first ministry.

I remember when you all left your lovely home and moved out to the country... I didn't understand it at all. I couldn't "get" why you'd choose to do that. All I could think was,
"They are going to the Boonies and leaving this beautiful house!"

I "get" it now. Oh, how I get it! Oh how I'd LOVE to have the Boonies to offer my children right now!

I've thought of you so many times with regard to that decision, and as the mother of a young man now, I understand that you sacrificed to give your boys what they needed the most....a place to run and scream and shoot bb guns, and ride dirt bikes, and get dirty, and learn to be young men.

Oh, how I hope to follow in your footsteps on that one day!

The past few days, I keep replaying in my mind a conversation you had with me about 6 years ago or so. You all had just lost a young friend to a motorcycle accident and you shared the story of how the mother of that young man had called one of your boys over to her at the funeral and had taken them by the casket and told them that she knew without a doubt that her son was with Jesus at that very moment. She had shared that her son had lived life fully, and that he wouldn't want your sons sad for him. She told them to rejoice for her son...for he was with his Savior.

I've thought about that story so many times. What a huge testimony that mom must have had to your boys. What a woman of grace she is! What confidence she has in Jesus Christ!

You're just like her, Belinda. You too are pointing people to Christ Jesus, even through your heartache. What a precious woman of God you are.

Praising God again for your lives, and that He moved so that you and Eric could be right with Coleman. There could be no better advocates for him here on earth!

We love you all, and are praying for you without ceasing,
Jes

Matthew 5:14-16 "You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden; nor does {anyone} light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on the lampstand, and it gives light to all who are in the house. Let your light shine before men in such a way that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in heaven."








1 comment:

Marilena said...

Jesica.. I am praying for Coleman and his family. It just breaks my heart to read their blog. I will pass the prayer request on to the prayer chains that I am involved in.

Love you.
Mar