Pages

Friday, May 08, 2009

I Know I Am Loved By the King....

Hi Friends...

Talk about having written a post over and over again in my head...this one I've tried to write, but alas...I'm just cutting, pasting and editing the prayer request that I sent to my church today.

I know you'll understand...

I have been having horrid migraine headaches for several months. As of late, they have been waking me in the middle of the night, and even after taking something for them, they are still there when I wake up.

On Monday of this week, it was so bad that I went to Urgent Care, just begging for relief.
Thankfully, the Dr. there (whom we love, a fellow brother in Christ) asked a lot of questions and then urged me to get an MRI.

I had that done on Wednesday.

By the time that we got back home from having it done, he had already called to talk with us. Shane and I loaded up and went to see him so we could talk face to face.

He explained that I have a lesion on my brain. His biggest concern seemed to be MS, as so many of the funky things I've been dealing with for the past year, are symptoms in keeping with MS.
So he referred me to a neurologist whom he highly respects, and described as being more like a family doctor in her demeanor. (yay!)

She wanted to have my films sent to her office, and the scheduler told me that the first available appt. was 5/26, but that if there seemed to be an urgent matter, they would call me to schedule sooner. She also told me that the Dr. isn't in the office on Fridays or Mondays, so I wouldn't be hearing from them until next Tuesday.

Well, they called today, and the Dr. wants me next Tuesday. She also told the scheduler to tell me that she is seeking a 2nd opinion. Don't know what to make of that.

I was going to keep this as quiet as possible. (You're saying, "yeah, right" aren't you?) :)

However, it occurs to me that we really need prayer right now.

So here are my prayer requests, in order:
1. That people who are closely watching me through this already, will come to know that they are loved by the King, and will bow their knee before Him, and receive Him as Lord.
2. Ditto that for my lost family members.
3. That God will be glorified in my life, no matter what this turns out to be.
4. For Shane...oh I love that man...that he will be able to talk it all out...that he will have brothers come alongside him through whatever we are facing.
5. For my babies...that I'll be sensitive to their needs, and hear what they aren't saying...that they'll run into Jesus instead of away from Him.
6. For an opportunity to teach more people how to study God's Word for themselves. :)
(You knew I'd be slipping that in somewhere, didn't you?!)
7. For answers. This has been a tough road, and I'd just like to ask for a clear diagnosis.

Thank you for praying for us.
Much love,
Jes

6 comments:

Stephanie said...

We will continue praying for you and will most definitely pray specifically as you've requested. Like I told you today, God has made you an amazing woman who many of us are pleased to call our friend. We all love you and will be praying...

Becky Lu. said...

We are so sorry for all you are going through...and yes, we are praying faithfully for you/your family and the details you listed. We know He is with you every step of the journey. May He continue to encourage you and your family as you remember His promises and draw from His strength.

D.L. White said...

Thanks for the update, and for letting us know how better to specifically pray for you. Thanks also for being so transparent and honest about your Christian walk. I can't help but think about something that has always stuck with me, from the first Bible study I participated in with you, about running to God as our strong fortress, our balm of Gilead. You couldn't be in better more capable hands...

Laura said...

Girlfriend, oh how I love you!

I'll be on my knees continually for you... may my prayers be a comfort to you as they go before the throne of our Heavenly Father.

Deb said...

Father,
I pray this morning for my sister in you...
I will pray as she has ask, but here I wanted to lift her up and ask you to give her your divine rest at night. It is, for me anyway, so difficult to function without a good night's sleep. Father, especially while this is all going on I pray for your supernatural rest for Jes. And I ask that YOU would carry her through and help her not to be discouraged or weary. I pray too that you would render the evil one impotent in any part that he may have in this.

I pray this all in the mighty Name of Jesus and for His sake.

Blessings Jes!
Love, Deb

Deb said...

In my prayer...I should have said, "the part" satan has in this, instead of what part he "may have" in this. I believe all evil, sickness and wickedness comes from him... because he (the evil one) wants to use those things to render us ineffective for God, even though God still uses these things and desires to turn them for good in our lives for His Glory.

Deb :)