Talk about having written a post over and over again in my head...this one I've tried to write, but alas...I'm just cutting, pasting and editing the prayer request that I sent to my church today.
I know you'll understand...
I have been having horrid migraine headaches for several months. As of late, they have been waking me in the middle of the night, and even after taking something for them, they are still there when I wake up.
On Monday of this week, it was so bad that I went to Urgent Care, just begging for relief.
Thankfully, the Dr. there (whom we love, a fellow brother in Christ) asked a lot of questions and then urged me to get an MRI.
I had that done on Wednesday.
By the time that we got back home from having it done, he had already called to talk with us. Shane and I loaded up and went to see him so we could talk face to face.
He explained that I have a lesion on my brain. His biggest concern seemed to be MS, as so many of the funky things I've been dealing with for the past year, are symptoms in keeping with MS.
So he referred me to a neurologist whom he highly respects, and described as being more like a family doctor in her demeanor. (yay!)
She wanted to have my films sent to her office, and the scheduler told me that the first available appt. was 5/26, but that if there seemed to be an urgent matter, they would call me to schedule sooner. She also told me that the Dr. isn't in the office on Fridays or Mondays, so I wouldn't be hearing from them until next Tuesday.
Well, they called today, and the Dr. wants me next Tuesday. She also told the scheduler to tell me that she is seeking a 2nd opinion. Don't know what to make of that.
I was going to keep this as quiet as possible. (You're saying, "yeah, right" aren't you?) :)
However, it occurs to me that we really need prayer right now.
So here are my prayer requests, in order:
1. That people who are closely watching me through this already, will come to know that they are loved by the King, and will bow their knee before Him, and receive Him as Lord.
2. Ditto that for my lost family members.
3. That God will be glorified in my life, no matter what this turns out to be.
4. For Shane...oh I love that man...that he will be able to talk it all out...that he will have brothers come alongside him through whatever we are facing.
5. For my babies...that I'll be sensitive to their needs, and hear what they aren't saying...that they'll run into Jesus instead of away from Him.
6. For an opportunity to teach more people how to study God's Word for themselves. :)
(You knew I'd be slipping that in somewhere, didn't you?!)
7. For answers. This has been a tough road, and I'd just like to ask for a clear diagnosis.
Thank you for praying for us.