Pages

Friday, June 26, 2009

A Quick Update...

Hi Sweet Friends,

I just wanted to leave a quick update and let you know that we're doing well.

There are great advantages to being married to an engineer, and they have been well displayed these past few days.

Our house is in order.

Things are put away.

He's working like a mad-man to clear all the walking paths in the house, as my balance is still pretty goofy.

He's making sure that I'm taking my medicines on time.

In a word, he's amazing.

Oh, what a joy to know the gift of being one flesh with my husband!

I love this man so much! I can't imagine how people deal with illness and tough times, who don't love one another and don't know the Lord.

Thank you for praying for him...the prayers are working, and I'm getting the benefits. :)

On a side note, I have a dear friend who is going through a tough time in their marriage. Would you please pray for them? Please, pray that God uses this time to draw them together, to bathe them in forgiveness for one another, and to establish them in Himself.

Someone once said, "Just when you think He's all you have, you find that He's all you need."

I'm praying this very thing for my friends...that they'll find that the Lord Jesus is all that they need.

Would you join me, please?

OK...back to my update...

The kids are doing well, too. I guess I was so sick that I just didn't realize how hard it was on them not having me here. 5 days to them was an eternity, but I was pretty out of it for much of that time, so it was just different for me.

Now that Mommy is home, they are adjusting well.

They're such sweet kids...so willing to help, and so eager to please. Goodness, I love them!

I have countless things to be grateful for today.

I was able to get into the pool today, which was fantastic. I have always loved the water, and being in the pool just made so much of the awkwardness dissipate. Plus, I got my new Land's End bathing suit in the mail a few days ago...50% off with free shipping...and 2 sizes smaller than the one I bought a few years ago, and still a bit too big.

Life is good. :)

I've had such wonderful conversations with my sweet friends over the past few days, too...each one has meant so much to me. If we haven't talked yet, please know that I'm making my way down the list of calls to return, so I will call you soon!

Marilena, thank you for the spaghetti and meatballs...there is something so rich in love about your meatballs! I mean seriously...Italian food from a real live I-tal-ian...does it get any better than that?! I love you, sister! You will be joining us for Kinsman Redeemer, right? :)

OK...I'm off now. Would cherish your prayers for sleep...it's still quite elusive. I think the steroids must make me hot, which makes it hard to sleep. Hey, maybe I'm burning something off...that would be cool. :)

Love you all...I'll get back to writing something about the Word one day soon...won't that be much more interesting? :)

XO,
Jes


1 comment:

Woman in the Tent said...

Hey Jes, Love your new banner. Just caught up on your blog. Will be praying for your health. If anyone can glorify God through MS, it'll be you!! Love, Laura