Pages

Saturday, October 24, 2009

Current Prayer Request and 1 Peter 3

Thank you so much for praying for me! So much!


I have some specific requests today, and thought I'd bring them before you, as many of you have asked how to pray.


#1. I need more names for my salvation shot prayers. I'm on my last one tonight. Recycling is great, but if you have more to add, now is the time. :)


#2. I'm really not doing well. I have such a fighter mentality, and have fought through so many painful things in my life, that I am totally frustrated that I can't fight through this, but it's simply not that simple.


It's like my sweet friend Anna said the other night when I talked with her...."You can't fight MS. You just have to ride it."


She has it too, so she understands, and she's so right.


My immune system is shot. Just about the time that I get over one cold/sinus infection, I'm on to another...and when you have MS and get a cold, it often times brings on an exacerbation. That's what happened to me when we got back from CA a few weeks ago.


The exacerbation that put me on steroid treatments again on Oct. 9th, has not stopped. I'm still dealing with optic neuritis, which is scary stuff, along with a whole host of other things, which I won't bore you to death by detailing for you.


I took my children out in the morning a few days ago, the first time in weeks that I've driven anywhere but to drop Shane's car off for urgent repairs, and am still paying for it.


Although I feel horrible, and am so sick and tired of being sick and tired, I am praising God for much that He is working for my good through all of this.


I don't think I ever understood how people in great affliction could praise God for it, but He is teaching me not just how to praise Him through it, but how to praise Him for it.


There is a gulf of distinction between the two, I gotta tell you.


One of the sweetest things through all of this is how God is lacing my heart to my husband, my children, and my home at such a deep level.


My precious husband has amazed me by the way he has loved me and sacrificed for me, and nourished me.


He leaves me speechless.


He is my Boaz, such a true and worthy man of God. 


I am awed.


I told him last night that it's a breathtaking thing to look at your husband and see the image of your Savior, but I understand that this is exactly God's design for marriage. Exactly.


This passage describes how Shane has been treating me, perfectly: 


1 Peter 3:7  You husbands in the same way, live with {your wives} in an understanding way, as with someone weaker, since she is a woman; and show her honor as a fellow heir of the grace of life, so that your prayers will not be hindered.


Before this whole MS thing, I never understood the passages from Scripture about Sarah...where it talks about her calling Abraham, "lord". (see text below)


I get it now.


I don't know...there's so much to tell, and I truly am worn out.


My "lord" has instructed me into bed, and the realization just hit that I'm disobeying at this very minute! 


Ugh.


I still got a long way to go, don't I?!


:)


Love you...and thank you for praying for me!


Jes



1 Peter 3:1  In the same way, you wives, be submissive to your own husbands so that even if any {of them} are disobedient to the word, they may be won without a word by the behavior of their wives,
1 Peter 3:2  as they observe your chaste and respectful behavior.
1 Peter 3:3  Your adornment must not be {merely} external--braiding the hair, and wearing gold jewelry, or putting on dresses;
1 Peter 3:4  but {let it be} the hidden person of the heart, with the imperishable quality of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is precious in the sight of God.
1 Peter 3:5  For in this way in former times the holy women also, who hoped in God, used to adorn themselves, being submissive to their own husbands;
1 Peter 3:6  just as Sarah obeyed Abraham, calling him lord, and you have become her children if you do what is right without being frightened by any fear.











7 comments:

Stephanie said...

Love you, sweet friend! xoxo

This prayer request for Cindy Sites just came to my inbox (she is the sister in law of one of Mark's cousin in laws if that makes any sense). She has bone marrow cancer. http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/CindySites

I'll also ask for prayer for Mark. He was recently diagnosed with Crohn's Disease (an autoimmune chronic illness).

We are always in prayer for you! xoxo

Paula Hemann said...

Jes, thank you so much for sharing your heart ~ and your pain. Please know that you are loved and prayed for!

Please, Jes, since you asked ~ please pray for Richard's salvation. This means more to me than you'll ever know!

Unknown said...

Praying for you and your sweet family!

Shelly said...

Hi Jes! You can add my sweet boys to your list...Sam and Ben, both are not saved yet.
Interceeding for you, Shelly <><

KimG in AZ said...

I love the comfort of 2 Sam 12 where David fasted and slept on the ground when his baby son grew sick. And then, after the child died, he went in and worshipped the Lord. It was so clear how much he loved his little son and how he pled with God to save him. But his acceptance of the baby's death and the knowledge that they would be together in heaven is inspiring. It is the very hope that we cling to when all other ground is sinking sand.

I love you dear sister. We are always in prayer for you and are here for you when you need us.

Deb said...

Perfect, Thank you Jes,
God Bless you as you bless many others,
and I am most grateful for your prayers for the one's I love and care for.
Deb

Shelly said...

Jes, please pray for my brother Tony who will be leaving his wife and two children to go to Iraq. He will leave in January and then he will get to come home briefly in the summer and then return to Iraq for six more months. Pray for Tonya, Hayley and Dillon Taylor! THanks and much love!