Pages

Monday, October 12, 2009

It Is Well With My Soul...It Really Is.

This song is sustaining my heart these days.... 


I beg you to listen to the amazing recording of one of my favorite hymns, and then click the link below to read what inspired it, and what happened to the men who wrote it.

I love you today...thank you so much for your fervent prayers for me...today, would you please pray that I'll be well enough to adequately prepare, and then lead our ladies study of Sweeter Than Chocolate this Thursday night?


Please...I want to know the ladies of my church better, I want to love on them and encourage them in the Word...hard to do if I'm not there. Thank you!


Also, please pray for my friend Chandy, she's on my heart after her recent kidney donation surgery, and today is her first day back to work. Just click on her name to read more about her donation experience....she gave one of her kidneys for her Daddy...what love!


I love you, friend!









http://www.cyberhymnal.org/htm/i/t/i/itiswell.htm







3 comments:

Unknown said...

Sending up prayers for you today! Love the song.. One of my favorite in times of despair.

Shelly said...

oh my goodness, that was beautiful. You should've warned me to get kleenex! I am a lover of hymns in fact I was just sitting at Jesus'feet singing to Him Praise The Lord Who Reigns Above and O For A Thousand Tongues To Sing by Charles Wesley. In my prayer time this morning I was in 2 Corinthians and prayed these verses for you..."But we have this treaure in earthen vessels, so that the surpassing greatness of the power will be of God and not from ourselves; we are afflicted in every way, but not crushed,; perplexed but not despairing; persecuted but not forsaken; struck down but not destroyed; always carrying about in the body the dying of Jesus so that the life of Jesus also may be manifested in our body. For we who live are constantly being delivered over to death for Jesus' sake so that the life of Jesus also msy be manifested in our mortal flesh." "Therefore, we do not lose heart, but though our outer man is decaying, yet our inner man is being renewed day by day. For momentary, light affliction is producing for us an eternal weight of glory far beyond all comparison, while we look not at things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen; for the things which seen are temporal, but the things which are not seen are eternal." "For we know that if the earthly tent which is our house is torn down, we have a building from God, a house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens. For indeed in this house we groan, longing to be clothed with our dwelling from heaven...Now He who prepared us for this very purpose is God..."
2 Cor. 4:16-17 & 5:1-2, 5
Jes, may the Father of mercies and the God of all comfort bless you today! You are loved, Shelly <><

Jes said...

I love you Miss Shelly, and Miss Paige!

Shelly, thank you so much for that washing of water with the Word...ahh, I'm soaking in that as I sit and prepare for Thursday night...and enjoy my last iv steroid drip for this round.

They make me crazy!

I love you so,
Jes