Pages

Sunday, November 14, 2010

The Day After Angioplasty

Hi Friends,

Again, I thank you from the bottom of my heart for your many prayers! I am humbled by the fact that so many of you have commented or emailed to let us know that you are lifting us up before the Lord.

Thank you.

Tonight and tomorrow would you please pray for Lisa? I know she is missing her man and her family, yet has so lovingly chosen to care for me.

We are both tired, our clothes are stinky (we only packed for ONE week!), and we're longing for hugs and kisses from our beloveds.

Please pray that we'll have as much fun and as many laughs this week as we did last. :-)

As for how I'm feeling....this is for my MS friends...
1. I was in a lot of pain last night, and sleeping was tough. It was my neck that hurt, and then I ate something that made me need to cough...which made it worse.
2. It still hurts to the touch, too.
3. I've been pretty tired today, and have just rested.
4. My walk is great.
5. I can do the finger to the nose test with my eyes closed just super.
6. I can stand with my eyes closed, arms outstretched and palms up and not fall backwards.
7. When I woke up this morning I could speak clearly. Before, my speech was sluggish for quite a while in the mornings.
8. My left eye is tender again today, and I've had some numbness on the left side of my face, but it's much better than it was pre-procedure.
8. My short term memory seems better....but I'll know more on that as time goes on.

For those who are joining the blog study, I am hoping to have a video up tomorrow. However, we don't have Wi-Fi here, so I can't promise a video.
Either way, I'm going to try to find a spot where I can post some questions to ponder together, and lay out a study schedule for us.

I really don't want this surgery stuff to stop us...so let's work together to push on, OK?

Are any of you studying with a friend or a group? If you bought a book but aren't listed under the tab above, will you please comment so I may add you?

I'm typing from my phone (Yay for the 3g network!) so again I won't be able to format this post. I hope to be back to a pretty one tomorrow when we find a hot spot.

Much, much love to you tonight in Christ Jesus,
Jes

4 comments:

Laura said...

I love you so much and rejoice in your progress! The immediate results are amazing but everything God does always is and we know this NY journey is all His doing.

I can't wait to talk to you soon.

Love you bunches.
Laura

Deb said...

I am so thankful to hear that you are doing well.

One thing I was thinking about how God works in the ...so called... minor details. He could have led you anywhere to have this all accomplished, but he led you to New York City. HE knows, and does...instrumenting the details from His knowledge to fit the situation perfectly for each of us!

Just thinking along the lines of you always desiring to go to NYC.

What an awesome God we serve!!

Anonymous said...

This is too much! I can't believe all of the immediate changes! YAY! : ) ANd you are all set to start the bible study...incredible! I am rejoicing in the good hand of the Lord on your life today!
Much love to you, Shelly <><

From Snowflakes To Hotcakes said...

Praise God for the miracles He is working in your life. I am all set to start the study too, so add me to your list:-)