Pages

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Study Update - CCSVI Update

Well, I'm going to start off by saying that I am fighting feeling like I've failed you all.


That's such a terrible way to feel, isn't it?!


This past week was a tough one...not every day, but several.


I had a sonogram of both of the injection sites and everything looked ok....but it took 1 day going to the doctor's office, and another 1/2 day at the hospital. Plus, a fair bit of pain.


There was a small hematoma on one side which the doctor is sure will be reabsorbed with no problems.


What made this week tough is that I have been utterly exhausted! When people with MS talk about fatigue, it's more like trying to explain how it feels to have been run over by a Mack Truck several times in a week.


We had our family Thanksgiving time together, and it was so sweet...but I pushed too hard. I knew I would because I didn't want to miss anything, but it was foolish of me.


That sounds so lame to me as I write it, because I really didn't even do all of the hard work...I think it was just standing for so many hours that did me in.


As a result, I paid for it the whole next day and am still dragging even as I write this.


The good news in all of it?


Hannah, Lisa's daughter who helps me once a week, is coming tomorrow...thus I will finally be able to get my thoughts posted here for you. And hopefully, the videos up. Shane's cousin is some I.T. whiz guy and told me how to make my way too long video split into two, upload to YouTube, and then link together.


Sounds really easy for someone with my uploading success rate, doesn't it?


Have I even told you how many times I've tried to upload videos in the past 2 weeks?


If not, I don't want to talk about it.


WOULD YOU PLEASE, PLEASE pray that nothing will keep me from being able to get this done tomorrow?


My friend Dawn shared that she is going to do the study with her elementary aged children and that got me super excited and challenged, so I plan to do the same with mine! We'll just take a little break from Abraham and do this study together. 


This will make it "fresh" for me, since I just did the first 3 weeks with our class at church about a month or so ago.


Here's who I show as in our study right now. If I'm missing someone, or if you aren't going to be in it after all, please let me know.


1. Deb
2. Leta Lou
3. Chaundra
4. Rachel
5. Dawn & kiddos 
(Dawn...please let the kids comment under your name. I know this will be a great encouragement to all of us! I won't post their names without your permission.)
6. Me 
7. Caedmon
8. Brennan


When you leave your comments, Dawn and I will filter out anything that you say that isn't appropriate to share with our kiddos, so don't feel the need to hold anything back. 


You're safe with us. :-)


Please forgive me for dropping the ball this week. I should have at least popped on here to tell you something....oh wait, I did start that post...but then got called in for the sonogram.


Did I say it's been a nutso week?


Prayer request: I have one more possible complication from the surgery that I need to have checked out this week. I'm sure it's nothing, but since you all have walked this journey thus far with me I feel sure that you won't mind praying me through the rest of it.


Much love to you tonight in the Lord Jesus,
Jes

No comments: