Pages

Thursday, November 11, 2010

The Hazards of Blogging

****Update****

See the comments section below...it actually is called 
Times Square! Yippie!  

So definitely you must admit that there are some, right?

Hazards to blogging.


The most apparent being that you look all a fool when you don't know how to spell things correctly.

In this wretched head of mine, I judge too quickly those who write "your" when it should be "you're," as in "Your the best!"


Ugh! Like a dagger through the heart, that is!


Thus, you'd think a fairly smart gal like me would know not to post without proofing. I mean, who do I think I am?! Smells a bit of literary arrogance, doesn't it?


Posting without proofing. Pishaw!


Yet twice I chose that slippery slope this week.


Guffaw #1 - when I accidentally wrote "sheaths" instead of sheaves. I'm not going to tell you what sheaths are, you'll just have to Google it.

Guffaw #2 - Calling Time Square, Times Square. I think I was just missing my nanny/servant girl Hannah. She's studying remedial math in college and I was simply remembering the homework that I help her with when she's having a really tough math day. 


She's really a brilliant girl in all things literary, but math is tough for her. Currently we're working on times tables and square roots. 


So, forgive me for my mix up. I've fixed it.


I know you're all dying to know details re: surgery, and I will write about that tomorrow.


I'm about out, save for the moment by moment wakeups from huge trucks that are barreling by RIGHT OUTSIDE of our window.

Much love to you all...
Jes

3 comments:

From Snowflakes To Hotcakes said...

You were right about "Times Square" to begin with. It was named "Times Square" after the New York Times in 1904, and was formerly called Longacre Square. :-) So, only 1 typo, not 2! :-)

Anonymous said...

hae-itz ok if u cant spel. we kan sea you'r hart in spite ov it, oar even better Godz hart n u. and i here that Hannah iz the koolest, n spite of hur math disfunshun. Diane (aka Lisa)

Anonymous said...

hey jes i think i failed my test on adding and subtracting single digit numbers today....when u come back imma need some help with that!

love, your servant girl hannah